Monday, February 18, 2013

Tray Turned Chalkboard

     Sometime ago I got this tray at a thrift store (you can see the post here). I knew from the get-go that it was destined to be a chalkboard.
Now, thanks to a little spray paint, it is!


I'm pretty pleased with the results.

To make it, I covered the edges with painter's tape. Then I applied two coats of Martha Stewart's Metal Primer Paint (got it at Michael's).
Once that dried, my hubby applied two coats of chalkboard spray paint.
I gave it 24 hours to dry, then I conditioned it by covering the entire chalkboard surface with chalk and erasing it. 

     You can cover pretty much anything with chalkboard paint. Pinterest is full of ideas. I'd love to tape off a rectangle on the pantry door and turn it into a chalkboard.

     When you're out and about- especially at thrift stores and/or yard sales, take a good look. You don't have to use items for their intended purpose. After all, this tray won't be used for carrying drinks anymore!

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness,
the world and those who dwell within.
Psalm 24:1

This post is linked to Sassy Little Lady,  Craft-O-Maniac, Between Naps on the Porch, Making the World Cuter, and Skip to My Lou.

2 comments:

curiositaellya said...

This is pretty! I want to make this for my kitchen display. Thank you !

http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

curiositaellya said...

Hello,
I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please check my post today
at,

http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html