Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Layout of the Week #52- Creating a Photo Ladder

     I love to take pictures; therefore, I have a lot of photos. I like to use lots of them on one layout, and I usually do one page layouts, so my options are somewhat limited with how many photos will actually fit on one 12"x12" page.
     Today I will show you how to make a simple photo ladder which will allow you to put lots of pictures on one page.
 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
The photo ladder is on the left.
I fit nine photos on this layout.

 
To create it, you'll need:
12"x12" pattern paper for the background
one pattern strip measuring 1 1/2"x 5"
letter stickers for the title
coordinating themed stickers
Washi tape or masking tape
paper trimmer
adhesive
photos
 
 
To start, place a horizontal photo near the right edge of the paper.
I placed two smaller photos below it. You could also use two vertical photos or a large photo here. 

 
Place your title below the photos.

 
Now we're going to start our photo ladder.
I trimmed six photos to 3 1/2"x 4".
Using your decorative tape (whether it's masking or washi), tape your photo about halfway down the page near the left edge.
One strip across the top of the photo will do.

 
Tape another photo about 1/2" above that.
  
 
Just keep going until you run out of photos- make sure that you keep them lined up.

 
That, my friends, is what I call a photo ladder.

 
Next, adhere your paper strip measuring 1 1/2"x 5" below your photo ladder.
Place a sticker at the top right corner of the layout.
Place another one at the top left corner of the main photo on the right.
If you want to, you can even place stickers on the bottom of the photos in the ladder.


 
Place your journaling in the upper right corner and/or the lower left corner.
I printed mine off the computer then trimmed it into strips and glued it.
Feel free to either write on your background or use a journaling card.
That's it! A unique way to add quite a few photos on one layout.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
But He said, "The things which are impossible
with men are possible with God."
Luke 18:27
 
 
This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog, Ivy and Elephants,Too Much Time on My Hands, and My Girlish Whims.

No comments: