Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recipe of the Week #67-Easy Fried Rice with Chicken

Easy Fried Rice With Chicken
3 cups cooked rice, brown or white
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
3 Tbsp sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
 3/4 small onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; saute for 2-3 minutes. Add veggies and chicken. Stir to coat. Lower heat to medium-low and push mixture to one side of the pan. Add the eggs to the empty half of the skillet and scramble them. Add the rice and soy sauce and mix it all together. Continue cooking until everything is heated.

This recipe is so incredibly good! I thought it tasted just like Chicken Fried Rice from a restaurant! My family loved it, although my boys separated every pea from the rice. My eleven-year-old told me that he doesn't eat frozen peas. I think they were intimated by how green they were!:)

Anyway, this went over great at my house and we'll be eating this again. . . soon!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

This post is linked to Between Naps on the Porch, Skip To My Lou, Embracing Change, and Today's Creative Blog.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I would have cooked the frozen peas and carrots before adding them to the rice, but I like your recipe! One dish meals are the best!