Monday, May 13, 2013

Mini Album Monday #1- Envelope Album

     I'm starting a new feature on Mondays called, "Mini Album Mondays" where I will show you a mini scrapbook album. Sometimes I'll include a tutorial, but I'll always show photos to give you ideas for making albums of your own.
     This week, I'm starting with an album that I featured a few weeks ago. In April, I showed you how to make an envelope album with two 9"x11" envelopes and two pieces of 12"x12" pattern paper.
     As promised, I'm showing you how it looks filled with photos.

 
Here's the cover.
It's a Grandparents themed album.
  
 
Here's the first layout.
The left side is the dedication page. I wrote, "This book is dedicated to the best Nonny and Goggy in the world! Sam and Ethan are so blessed to have you for grandparents. We love you very much!"
 
On the right side, I placed a photo with a piece of decorative tape on the lower left corner. For journaling, I printed off some questions for my boys to answer about their grandparents. Each boy had four questions to answer. You never know what kids will say, and their comments always add a delightful element to any project.
The questions are listed at the bottom of this post.

 
Here's the second layout.
On the left side, I put a few word stickers on the photo.
On the right side, I placed one of the journaling questions underneath the photo.

 
Here's the third layout.
Notice that the envelope opening is on the left side. I slid the photo under the flap and a journaling question under that.
I left the envelope empty so my mom could put bits and pieces in there- like notes and pictures that the kids have given her.
On the right side, I placed two photos with a few word stickers.
I always love stickers with words/phrases/quotes on them. They add a nice little touch here and there.

 
This layout is right in the center of the book. See the twine strung through the two holes? That's what's binding this book.
You can see how I used some decorative tape over the photos.

 
I included two of the journaling questions on this layout.

 
I added an extra strip of pattern paper on the left page.

 
This is the last layout in the book.
I added decorative tape and word stickers to both sides. These are both quick and easy ways to embellish mini albums.
The second envelope opening is on the right hand side.
If you make an album like this, you could use the envelope openings for more photos or mementos.
 
If you'd like to see the step-by-step tutorial on how to make this album, you can go here.
This style of album is pretty quick and easy and could be used for lots of different themes such as a school themed one for a teacher- you could take a picture of each child in the class and have them write a small note to the teacher.

Here are the questions that my boys answered:
(These don't just apply to grandparents; you could use them for other family members as well)
What are some ways that you show Nonny and Goggy that you love them?
What do you do to make Nonny and Goggy laugh?
Who are you more like, Nonny or Goggy?
What expression does Nonny use a lot?
How do Nonny and Goggy let you know that they love you?
What is your favorite thing to do with Nonny and Goggy?
Who is a better driver, Nonny or Goggy? Why?
What's the most fun thing you've done with Nonny and Goggy?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

This post is linked to Craft-O-Maniac, Making the World Cuter, I Heart Naptime, and The Dedicated House.

No comments: