Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #70

     I went on my annual girls' trip last weekend and had a great time. The three of us have been friends since we started nursing school (fifteen years ago!). We always look forward to our trips. We stop at places that we don't usually get to when we're on family trips. This time we swung by some secondhand stores.

 
Our first stop was at an antique store/consignment shop. I was so excited when I spotted this jar of keys. It was definitely more than I usually spend at one time, $20, so I asked if the shop owner could knock any off the price. She gave me ten percent off. There are 90 keys in here, so it was worth the money! I should be able to do quite a few crafts with all these!

 
There are some really unusual keys in the jar. My favorite is the one on the right.
 
Then we stopped by a flea market. It was pouring rain and the people at the market said they didn't think they'd have any shoppers. Maybe that's how we got such good deals:)

 
This crystal bowl was only $1. It's about eight inches across.
I love the etching on the bottom. It's so pretty!

 
I found this dress for $2. It has a tie that goes around the neck. I like all the patterns on it, but what really sold me was the pretty ruffle at the bottom.
I think I'll pair it with a pretty shrug and some cute shoes!
 
 
My friend scored this great deal at the rainy flea market. This whole load was in one plastic bucket. It's mostly beads and charms for jewelry making. She offered $30, and the seller accepted.
Once she got it home, she went through it. She said there's a lot of packages that haven't even been opened. One baggie alone had original store prices and totaled $28!
 
We had such a great time on our trip. We stopped at a couple of thrift stores, too (I'm such a bad influence:) Come back next week and I'll show you what we found there!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
God is my strength and power, and He makes my way perfect.
2 Samuel 22:33
 
 
This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl and My Dedicated House.

No comments: