Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Layout of the Week #113

If you've been thinking of starting scrapbooking or if you've done it before, but it's been awhile,
you've come to the right place.

Today I have a step-by-step tutorial to help you complete a layout in under an hour. 
Just follow these easy steps using supplies that you have on hand. 


Here's the layout we'll be completing.
It looks busy and complicated, but we'll add one layer at a time.
You can do this. Trust me.


To complete it, you'll need:
 one piece of 12"x 12" cardstock
one roll of decorative tape
letter stickers for the title
tag for journaling
4"x 6" piece of pattern paper
8-9 random small pieces of pattern papers and/or tickets
pen for journaling
paper trimmer
adhesive
4-6 photos
optional: large doily


Step 1: Place decorative tape along all four edges of the cardstock.


Optional: Center doily on the background.
It's ok if you skip this step. The layout will still look cute in the end.


Step 2: Determine which photo will be your main one and set it aside.
Trim the rest so they are cropped tightly around the main focus of the photograph.
Place the smallest photo about 1" from the top of the page.
Place the other 2-4 along the left and right edges.

I used two along the left and two along the right. You can easily replace those
 with a vertical photo on each side.


Step 3: Mat your main photo on the 4"x 6" piece of pattern paper. You may have to trim a bit off the photo to make it fit.
Placing adhesive only along the edges, adhere this photo in the middle of the rest of the photos.

We aren't placing adhesive along the top or center of the photo so it can act 
as a pocket for our journaling tag.


Step 4: Place your title along the bottom of the page.

I used two different size stickers for this.


Step 5: Write on your tag and tuck it behind the main photo.

I also added extra journaling strips along the bottom of three of the photos.


Step 6: Now it's time to place the tickets and little pieces of scrap paper.
Add two small pieces to the left and right of the top photo.
Add a larger piece on the lower right corner of the main photo.
Then place a smaller one to the right of that embellishment.
Place two small pieces of pattern paper sticking out the bottom left and right of the top left photo.

I peeled up some of the edges and my letter stickers to make my pieces look stacked.


That's it. 
I told you that you could do it!

If you enjoyed this, please stop by every other Wednesday to create a new layout with me.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

I spread out my hands to You; 
my soul longs for You like a thirsty land.
Psalm 143:6


This post is linked to Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, and Skip to My Lou.

No comments: