Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Recipe of the Week #208- Hearty Beef and Bacon Stew


Hearty Beef and Bacon Stew
2 lbs stew meat
16 oz bacon, chopped
8 med. carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
6 medium potatoes, cubed
1 yellow onion, diced
2 qts beef stock
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup frozen peas

Cook bacon in a large pot until it turns brown. Add stew meat and cook until mostly cooked through. Stir in veggies and stock. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cover until veggies are fork soft. Add frozen peas and continue to cook until peas are warm.

Note: I left out the peas. My boys have a strange aversion to frozen peas.

Beef stew is a great winter meal.  And let me tell you that bacon only makes it better! My family loved this.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

I have put my trust in the Lord God, 
that I may declare all Your works.
Psalm 73:28

This post is linked to Between Naps on the PorchThe Dedicated House,
and Plucky's Second Thought.

2 comments:

Jess said...

This sounds so delicious! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Mind The Gap Nights said...

Thanks for sharingg this