Friday, February 12, 2016

Vintage Embroidery Pillows

I usually don't pass up vintage embroidery when I'm at estate sales or thrift stores.
I can only imagine the amount of time and talent that went into making them.
I hate to think that nobody loves those pieces.

I took two different pieces that I've found and repurposed them into pillows.


The two deer pillows are from the same table runner.
The smaller heart was from a vintage hankie.
I decided to make them heart shaped pillows.

Here's the table runner that I used. See how it had a patch in the middle?
It really couldn't be used as a runner anymore, so I thought it would make lovely pillows.
It had the image embroidered on both ends, so I was able to make two pillows.



Here's the hankie I used.


I started by cutting a heart out of a stiff piece of paper.


Then I traced around the heart onto the fabric.
For the hankie, I traced two hearts for the front and back of the pillow.


For the deer prints, I used a paisley fabric to back the pillows.
That way I could make two matching pillows.

For the smaller heart, I used the trim from the hankie around the edge of the pillow.

What do you think?


Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Seek the Lord and His strength;
seek His face evermore!
1 Chron. 16:11

 This post is linked to Funky Junk, My Salvaged Treasures, Simple Nature Decor,
 and Tatertots and Jello.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love vintage linens and embroidery, too. These are ever so cute! A fiber art group I belong to just did a vintage linen project, making garden flags with "doodled" flowers on them. You were able to make best use of the stitched design in your pillows.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a clever way to repurposed your vintage linens. I LOVE this idea. Thank you for sharing your hearts at Talk of the Town.

Colleen said...

What a lovely job you have done! Love vintage embroidery and linens.