Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine banner


 Here's a simple banner idea using playing cards, a few letters, twine, and some various embellishments.

Since it's Valentine's themed, I chose cards from the hearts suit. Then I decided what word I was going to use and grabbed a handful of red and pink embellishments. My favorite go-to embellishments are buttons, tickets, lace, and flowers.
After placing the letters and embellishing the cards, I punched holes in the corners and placed them on twine. I did add a card to either end with photos of the boys and of Phil and I.

This took about 30 minutes and is very inexpensive to make. (As a matter of fact, I picked up a pack of cards for a quarter at the thrift store the other day.)

This would be cute with a birthday theme, family theme- the possibilties are endless!

I linked this with Get Your Craft On at Glitter, Glue, and Paint, Today's Creative Blog, Sundae Scoop , Your Whim Wednesday and at Brassy Apple.

No comments: