Monday, July 23, 2012

Embroidery Hoop Photo Display

     I can't believe July is almost over- yipes! This summer is flying by! Speaking of summer, if you have photos from your summer outings, here's a quick and easy display you can make out of an embroidery hoop and some clothes pins.
I got my embroidery hoop at a yard sale. Whenever I see one at a yard sale or thrift store, I pick it up. You just never know when you'll need one:)
Anyway, to make this, you need 10-12 clothespins. I covered mine with decorative scrapbook paper. Then I used a glue gun and spaced them out on the hoop. You need to alternate which direction they are facing- the first one faces out, the second one faces in, the third one faces out, and so on. That way you'll have enough room to place your photos.
I glued flowers to a couple of the clothes pins.
To make a hanger, you just use a long piece of ribbon. Center it over the pin of the hoop.

I made this one for me. I think I'll hang it in the front entry with photos and love notes.
I don't have a spot to show off recent photos. This will work just fine for that.

Here's one I made for a friend's birthday.

This would be a cute way to show off birthday cards or Christmas cards. It would make a wonderful grandparent or teacher gift. It could also be an inspiration board.
What else could you use this for?. . .

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.


And we know that all things work together for good to those
who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 9:28


I Heart Nap Time

Tip Junkie handmade projects

Too Much Time On My Hands

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cute idea Laura! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my "dipped" chair. Have a great day!