Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recipe of the Week #26- Beef and Noodle Chowder

Easy Beef and Noodle Chowder

1 (8 oz) bag wide egg noodles
1 lb hamburger meat
chili powder (or half of a pkg. taco seasoning)
onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (I replaced this with garlic powder)
1 can corn, drained
1 can peas, drained
1 can Rotel
1 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper    

Boil water for the noodles and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the bag.
Meanwhile, brown the beef and onion. Add pepper, garlic, and sprinkle in the taco seasoning  or chili powder to taste. I used about 1 tsp of chili powder. Once the beef is browned, add the corn, peas, and Rotel. Stir well and continue to heat over medium heat.
When the noodles are done, drain, and return to pot. Add the meat mixture stirring well.
Cover with cheese. Place lid on pot, leave pot on burner, but turn burner off. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to let cheese melt. Serve and enjoy.

This was a great recipe. (I love one pot casserole type recipes!) The Rotel added a bit heat which my hubby didn't notice, but the kids and I did. Next time I'll probably replace it with a cup of mild homemade salsa.

I found this recipe here.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Proverbs 3:7


No comments: