Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Layout of the Week #20- Scrapping with 8 or More Photos

     Hello! Get out a stack of photos you've been meaning to scrap, because I've got an easy layout for you! Many times I like to put as many photos as I can on a layout. Today I'm going to show you a layout that you can use for eight or more pictures.
Gather your supplies:
one piece of 12"x12" card stock
5-6 pieces of coordinating scrap papers
piece of Baker's Twine or some other fiber
letter stickers for the title
stapler
adhesive
paper trimmer


First you're going to want to lay out your photos and determine where you want them. Then trim them so that they'll fit. It's fine for them to overlap. 
Start with the two outer rows and adhere them. The photos are going to take up 2/3 of the card stock.

Now adhere the center row. Place the middle photo on last. Don't worry if your photos don't line up along the right side. It adds to the charm.


Then cut rectangles from your scraps. They should be 1" or less across and all different lengths. Mine are all different sizes.

On each one, you need to cut a notch from the bottom to make them look like little flags. No need to be perfect, just trim a triangle from the bottom.

Then fold a little edge on the tops, place them around the fiber, and staple. Repeat this with all the flags.

Adhere the flags about 2/3 down the right side of the layout. Print your journaling and adhere it above the flags. Place your title below the flags. Now you're done!
I added colorful letter stickers spelling out my son's name above the journaling- I thought it brought out the colors on the flags. Then I finished it off with a rub-on figure at the top.
My layout is about my son posing on his skateboard. These pictures make me laugh! He didn't realize skateboarding was so hard, so he just stood on the board looking cool for the camera!

On this layout, I was able to include 12 photos- I cut them to 2 1/4" x 3". Then I placed the journaling in strips around the photos along with the title. This is a quick and easy way to include lots of photos on one layout!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you
1 Peter 5:7


shabby creek cottage


52 Mantels

1 comment:

Sewing-Chick said...

Thanks for sharing- I swear I'm in a scrapbooking rut, so I was glad to find a few new ideas!