Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recipe of the Week #25- Carmel Corn


Carmel Corn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oleo
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
large bowl of popped popcorn (I usually make enough to almost fill a big Tupperware bowl)

Mix oleo, sugar, syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Stir well. Pour over the popcorn and stir until coated. Let stand until no longer tacky.


     I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, and it's simply the BEST carmel corn I've ever eaten! It's pretty simple to make which is a plus for me. This is one of those treats that you eat 'til you're sick then vow that you aren't going to eat it again. But then as soon as you're hungry again, you find yourself eating it. . . not that I've ever done that!:)

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those
who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Rom 8:28





No comments: