Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Layout of the Week # 21- Creating a Hand-Painted Title on Your Layout

     Hi Guys! Time to dig out some craft paint and a brush for today's layout. We're going to create a hand-painted title- don't worry, it's a piece of cake.


You'll need:
one piece of cardstock
one piece of pattern paper
three strips of pattern paper
paint
paint brush
adhesive
trimmer
scissors

First, trim your pattern paper and place it on the right side of the card stock.

Now take your three strips and adhere them about 4" from the left side of the paper. One of my strips has a scalloped edge, so I trimmed along the scallop before adhering it. Then I placed a 1/2"x12" strip of plaid paper right next to it. Finally, I took my last strip, which has a quote printed on it, trimmed the ends off and adhered it right on top of the other two strips.
I suggest that you use three different prints for the strips although one of them could be the same print as the pattern paper on the right side of the layout. 
Place your photos to the right of the strips in two vertical columns. I only had three photos, so I used two vintage images.

Now for our title- first lightly write it in pencil. Then trace it with your paint brush. You only want a small amount of paint on your brush, but dip it often so it always has paint on it. This will not look perfect and that's okay:) It's supposed to look like your handwriting.

Once the paint is dry, use your scissors to trim around the letters.

Adhere the title below the photos.  
Finally, print your journaling, cut it into strips and adhere it in the upper left corner slightly overlapping your pattern paper strips. Ta-da! You are now done with a quick and easy layout.

Here is one more example of a hand-painted title. Instead of painting it on a separate piece of paper, I painted directly onto the card stock background.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7




Photobucket

1 comment:

Tanya Anurag said...

I like how you use hand-written words in your crafts and that too so neatly. I see people using all sorts of tools for printing and stuff but I feel doing the writing ourselves gives the piece a personal touch.