Friday, September 6, 2013

Check Out These Darling Bookends

A few weeks ago I found an old set of bookends at the thrift store
and picked them up intending to re-do them.
 
 
I used this darling scrapbook paper, and I'm really happy with how they turned out.

 
All I did was trace around the edges, cut out the paper, and glue it to the bookends with Mod Podge.
Then I sanded around the edges to make sure the paper was flush with the bookend edge.
It literally took me five minutes (once I decided on the paper).
 
You can go here and see how they looked before. In that picture, they're sitting wrong side up. This is how I found them in the thrift store, so it's how I thought they were supposed to be used. Then when I started my project, I thought that if I turned them around, I could use more of my cute paper. After doing that, I realized that that's how they're supposed to be used! :)

 
I enjoyed this project so much that when I happened across another set of bookends, I bought them.
You can go here to see what they looked like before.
 
 
Now I have two sets of cute bookends.
I only spent $1.50 on both sets. Boom!
 
Wouldn't these make nice gifts for a teacher or a book lover?
How about for the school librarian on Librarian's Day?!?
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
may the Lord rejoice in His works.
Psalm 104:31
 

No comments: