Monday, September 16, 2013

Mini Album Monday #13- Women Who Have Influenced My Life

     In today's featured mini album, I'm honoring some of the women in my life who have been amazing examples to me.

 
The album is 5"x 7". Each page is a library pocket- I used a total of eight pockets.
The binding is a piece of cardstock that I accordion folded. Then I adhered the library pockets back to back on a fold.
 
For the title, I combined three different elements:
letter stickers (notice how the "O" in woman looks like the female symbol),
letter stamps (stamped on white cardstock, then tore around them and adhered them to the cover),
and also my handwriting (which I placed into a bookplate).

 
Because I used library pockets, I went ahead and used library cards for all the journaling.
 
My introduction reads: I've been inspired by many people throughout my life, both personally and professionally. This album is dedicated to the women who have played a part in shaping me into the woman I've become.

 
Throughout the book, I placed a small piece of pattern paper at the bottom of each library card.
Then I overlapped that with a photo.
I used alphabet stamps and Staz-On ink to stamp on the bottom corner of the photos- I just put one word stating the relation of each lady to me.

 
Each pocket has a library card with a name stamped at the top.
I wrote a personal message to each woman- letting them know how they had influenced me.

 
For a little embellishment, each card has some sort of brad or two around the stamped name.
 
The photo on the right was already cut into a shape and I didn't have another one,
so I just matted it as is.

 
On the last page, I put a photo of myself with a card that says thanks to all the women in the book.
 
On the right side is a quote that says, "Some people quietly make a difference in our lives, and will be heroes unaware."

 
The back cover is covered in pattern paper and a piece of ribbon holds the book closed.
 
Even if you don't feel you could create your own album, you could use this theme in a pre-made scrapbook album. Just add photos and journaling.
It makes for an amazing tribute to some special people, but also is nice to have so your kids know who played a role in shaping you.
I would love to see this kind of information about my grandma or mom. Wouldn't you?
 
 
If you enjoyed this post, stop back next Monday. Every Monday I try to feature a different mini scrapbook. Sometimes I'll have a step-by-step tutorial to create a mini album and sometimes I'll show you a book I've made.
I think mini albums are such a do-able project. If you stay simple, you can sit down in a few hours and create an album. Then all you have to do is go back through and add photos, journaling, and mementos. Easy-peasy!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Oh that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalm 107:8
 
 

No comments: