Monday, September 9, 2013

Wire Photo Wreath

     Grandparent's Day was yesterday, and I'll be honest with you. I don't usually remember it. Last year, my mom mentioned it to my boys after the fact. So this year, I wanted to make sure we did something for her. I racked my brain for a gift idea.
     She loves anything with photos of my kids. Over the years, I've given her all kinds of grandkid-themed stuff: scrapbooks, photo albums, t-shirts, jewelry. . .

 
but I've never given her a PHOTO WREATH!

 
I bought this wire rug beater at a thrift store and it's been sitting in my room
just waiting to be used for something.
So once the wreath idea came to me, I knew what to do with this little fella.

 
I wrapped it with vintage lace, made a small "Love" banner, and stuck some photos in the rings.
Super easy, huh?
If you'd like to make a photo wreath, but don't happen to have a rug beater, you could use a grapevine wreath with mini clothespins to hold the photos.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.
1 Cor. 16:13
 

1 comment:

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love this idea! So cute, and I just happen to have a rug beater! Somebody's getting a real cool Christmas gift (if I don't keep it for myself, tee hee!) thanks for stopping by, you are welcome to link this to the party, we'd love to have you share it!
Hugs,
Patti