Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Layout of the Week #136

 Hello my friends!
It feels like a good day to scrapbook, doesn't it?
Well, that's fantastic because scrapbooking is just what we're about to do. . .


I'm going to show you how to create this layout in just a few easy steps.
Yours will look similar, but not exact as you'll be using your own supplies.


To make it, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" cardstock 
one piece of 11 1/2"x 11 1/2" pattern paper in a subtle print 
one piece of pattern paper measuring 2 1/2" x 12"
two strips of pattern paper or decorative tape measuring 1/4"x 12"
letter stickers for the title
three horizontal photos
10-14 embellishments of varying sizes
adhesive
 

To begin, place the 11 1/2"x 11 1/2" piece of pattern paper on the center of the cardstock.


Trim your three photos to 5"x 3 1/2".
Adhere them in a column about 1" from the left edge of the pattern paper.
Leave a bit of space in between them. 

These are my parents- aren't they cute?


Now place your strip of pattern paper measuring 2 1/2" x 12" a little more than an inch 
from the right edge of the pattern paper.


On either side of that strip, add your 1/4" strips of pattern paper or decorative tape.


Using your letter stickers, place your title vertically on the strip of pattern paper.
I used larger letters since I had a short title.


My letter stickers were plain black, so I added three tiny flowers to the 0, A, and S. 

Now we'll add the rest of the embellishments in embellishment clusters on each photo. 
Use 3-4 embellishments in each cluster.
Here's how I did mine.


 At the bottom right corner of the top photo, I layered two flowers and a small tag that says, 
Savor the moment. I added a sparkly heart in the center of the top flower.


On the bottom left corner of the middle photo, I placed a medium size flower and overlapped the edge of it with a pre-printed ticket. Then I put a glittery heart in the center and added a silver bird.


On the bottom photo, I used a cloud punch and overlapped it with another pre-printed ticket.
Then I added another sparkly heart.

Embellishment clusters are pretty easy. The main thing is that you want to overlap 
each item to make them all look unified.


That's it!
Did you notice that I didn't add any journaling? That's because all I was going to say was that my parents celebrated their 30th anniversary. I figure the title covered that.:)
It is very rare for me to not have journaling on a layout- it just doesn't feel right to me.
If you'd like to add journaling, place it in the lower left corner of the layout 
slightly overlapping the photo.

I sure appreciate you scrapping with me! See you every other Wednesday for a new layout tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Oh give thanks to the Lord, 
for He is good! 
For His mercy endures forever.
Psalm 118:29

2 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You did a great job making the picture.
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

Jess said...

This is SO great! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for crafts, recipes, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!