Friday, July 15, 2016

Trash to Treasure Notebooks

Today I have a project where I used what some may consider trash
and turned it into something useful.
I turned tea box covers into notebooks.

Here's how they turned out.


For the front covers, I cut off the tops of two different boxes of tea.
For the back covers, I cut two pieces of chipboard to the same size as the box lids.
I used a pad of graph paper and cut pieces to fit in between the covers. I had 30 pages for each book.
I like the look of graph paper in notebooks:)


I bound the books using my Bind-It-All.
It's made by Zutter.
Heidi Swapp and Tim Holtz also have machines that will bind like this.
If you don't have one of these machines, you could bind your books using two office rings.

 I made these notebooks for a friend for her birthday.
She's a huge fan of tea.
I wrapped the notebooks with the tea infuser dude.
These notebooks are so simple to make.
You could use any type of packaging like Mac and Cheese boxes, movie theater candy boxes,
or even a soda box.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to which also you were called in one body;
 and be thankful.
Col 3:15

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love this idea! I bought a bind-it-all and have yet to use it. This is the perfect project to try it out. Thanks for sharing it.