Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Layout of the Week #87

Do you ever have photos or a story that you want to make sure you scrapbook?
That's how I felt about today's layout.
My younger son is quite a character and I try to write down the silly things he says.
Today I'm featuring the funny school stories I have written down about him.
 
 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
Yours will look similar, but not exact as you'll be using your own products.

 
To make it, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" pattern paper
six 3" squares of coordinating pattern paper
one piece of 7 1/2 "x 4 1/4" white cardstock for journaling
pen
letter stickers for the title
paper trimmer
adhesive
four photos
 
 
Start by placing the six 3" squares about 1- 1 1/2" from the top of the paper
along the left edge, placing the pieces by alternating slanting them.


Finish placing your squares as shown.

 
Trim your photos to 3"x 4" and stagger them.

 
Place your last two pictures.

 
Write your journaling on the white cardstock and adhere it in the lower right corner of the layout.
You don't have to use the whole piece if you don't write as much. Just trim the paper to the size you need and adhere it below the photos slightly closer to the right edge.

 
Place your title above the journaling card.
That's it!
 
I did two more steps: I placed two strips of decorative tape in the lower left corner of the layout.
I also adhered my journaling paper as a pocket so I could add more journaling on a tag behind it.

It's such a good feeling when I complete a layout! I've been meaning to make this one for quite sometime. If you enjoyed this step-by-step tutorial, stop by every other Wednesday for a new layout.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

He who is slow to wrath has great understanding,
but he who is impulsive exalts folly.
Proverbs 14:29
 
 
This post is linked to Glitter, Glue, and Paint, I Heart Naptime, and My Girlish Whims.

1 comment:

patbaskin said...

Nice layout! Really enjoyed your step by step instructions. I look forward to seeing new methods of scrapping. Sometimes mine seem to all start to look the same. Trying to be more random and not so precise! LOL. Keep up the good work. Hugs!