Friday, May 30, 2014

Place Card Holder Photo Display

Last weekend I went on my annual girls' trip with some longtime friends. We spent three days having fun and doing lots of shopping. Yesterday I showed you the secondhand treasures I found.
Today I'll show you a few new items that I bought and what I did with them . . .

 
Here's the finished product.


I fell in love with this photo stand.
I've been wanting one of these and was amazed when I found it on the clearance rack.
It was regularly $23.50 and I got it for 75% off which means I only paid $5.88 for it!

 
I dug into my vintage photo collection and slid one in.
Then I added a little color with a piece of ribbon.

 
I spun it around and placed this photo behind the first since this stand is two sided.
 
Wouldn't this be great to use as a centerpiece for a party or wedding?
 
 
I also got these three place card holders.
They were regularly $14.50 and I got them for $3.60 each.
I'm even cheap at real stores!:)
 
I think they look like tiny music stands.
 

I used one to hold a vintage postcard,
then I added a little lace along the stem.
 


 
The other two are holding vintage photos.
I used twine and a strip of fabric on these.

 
I thought they turned out so cute that I placed them around my living room.
See the photo peeking out behind the large spools . .

 
and the photo stand in amongst this arrangement?
 
Next time you come across some cute place card holders, think about how else you could use them whether for photo display or holding recipes in the kitchen.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1
 

No comments: