Monday, November 2, 2015

Mini Album Monday #65- Thanksgiving Album

A few years ago, I made an album called Time to Give Thanks.
I knew I wanted to share this album today, but I couldn't find it.
I looked high and low for it.
For some reason, it wasn't with all my other mini albums.
Finally I found it tucked away in a closet.
I was so thankful when I found it!

Here it is. . .

The base of the album is five pages of cardboard cut to 6"x 8".

For the Time letters, I painted using stamps on colored cardstock, then I cut out around the edges.
I then cut them in half to place the rest of the title which was printed off a label maker.

I tied a fabric strip along the pattern paper and added a small decorative pumpkin.


To bind the album, I punched two holes in every page and used twine and tulle to tie knots.
At the ends of the twine, I added brown plastic beads. I think they kind of look like Indian corn.


I always feel like mini albums need a dedication page, hence this page.
It documents who, what, where, and when.
It's always important to have the date noted somewhere on an album!


The first page lists the menu.

(Years from now, this will be interesting to know.)

I added a piece of harvest fabric along the top of the page
 and one small leaf at the bottom right corner.

You'll notice that this album is actually pretty simple.


The next two pages have room for family photos.

This one is all of us sitting at the table enjoying our Thanksgiving meal.


This page features two more photos.

Each page has a tab at the top which just adds a bit of color to the album.



This page has space for two recipes.
For the journaling cards, I used index cards with a decorative punch along the edges.
Then I added a narrow strip of pattern paper along the decorative edge.
Simple, huh?


This page had a large space for journaling, so I wrote down some of our
Thanksgiving holiday traditions.
(Something else that someday we'll be glad is documented!)


The last two pages includes tags for my family to write down what we're thankful for.
I made the tags from old ledger paper and stamped it with a journaling stamp.


Three tags fit into a small envelope on this page.


The back page just has one strip of pattern paper.
I felt the look of cardboard fit with the harvest theme.

Isn't it hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner?
Sheesh, time sure goes fast the older I get!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

But from there you will seek the Lord your God, 
and you will find Him if you seek Him 
with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deut. 4:29

This post is linked to It's Overflowing, Simple Nature Decor, I Heart Naptime,
Funky Junk, and Tip Junkie.  

No comments: