Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving Centerpieces With Upcycled Finds

Today's centerpieces are brought to you by secondhand shopping.


For the first one, I put coffee beans, popcorn kernels, and pinto beans into the bottom of three jars.
Then I placed a tealight candle in them.
I put them on a silver tray with a few artificial leaves.
Easy, but cute, huh?


Each jar has a little trim around the mouth-some twine and tulle.


These decorative branches came from my backyard.
I set the branches in the vase, then dropped artificial leaves to cover up the bottom.


I think this could be used for a thankful tree. 
All it would take it to have family members write on tags and then attach the tags
 to the branches with clothespins.



Tip: I found that the branches wanted to lean all over the place, so I tied them together
 with a piece of twine before placing them into the jar.


For this arrangement, I placed a pumpkin and some leaves in the top of a trophy.


I can't decide if it's cute or corny. :)

You don't have to spend lots of money to have cute centerpieces. 

For all these projects, I used
a large vase,
3 small jars,
a trophy, and a silver tray.
All were purchased secondhand.

I also used artificial leaves and a small decorative pumpkin
both of which were purchased at a dollar store.

Easy. . . and cheap!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Give to everyone who asks of you.
Luke 6:30


This post is linked to Plucky's Second Thought, Tip Junkie, and Skip to My Lou.

2 comments:

Jess said...

These are so cute! Such a neat idea! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Happy Thanksgiving!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I like your Thanksgiving decorations and thanks for sharing them with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!!