Friday, December 14, 2012

A Whole Lotta Pendant Necklaces!

     This time of the year, I am on the lookout for cute, quick, cheap, and easy ideas for gifts that I can make in bulk. I have two large groups of people to which I try to give gifts, and we can't afford for me to just go out and buy them all something.
     Here is one idea I found that fit the bill. . .
 
 
pendant necklaces

 
I was able to make twenty of these for about $12 in supplies!
(Plus I still have supplies left over to make more!)
I got the idea from this bracelet tutorial and modified it to make necklaces.
 

 
I made some with a French map, some with sheet music, and some with old dictionary pages. Each necklace was different.

 
 To wrap them, I used tiny 2" x 3" plastic bags, trimmed tissue paper to fit inside the bag, then folded and stapled a piece of pattern paper over the opening of the bag. Then I printed little labels that said, "Merry Christmas! From, Laura."
 
     These were for the ladies at work. I never know if people are going to like a handmade gift, but personally, I would. They all did seem to like them.
 
     Any of you have a good idea for gifts to make in bulk?
 
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love another.
1 John 4:11
 
     This post is linked to Be Different Act Normal, Happy Hour Projects, Tatertots and Jello, Embracing Change, Brassy Apple, and My Girlish Whims.

No comments: