Friday, December 7, 2012

Remembering a Loved One at Christmas

      I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for awhile and I finally sat down to do it.


It's a jar to memorialize my mother-in-law. She passed a way a year ago last October after a short battle with kidney cancer.
I plan to place this on our fireplace hearth so we can include her memory in our Christmas celebration.
 
 
It's actually one vase placed inside a larger vase. I used artificial holly berries to hold up the battery powered candlestick in the center vase. Then in the larger vase, I placed red beads at the bottom and filled the rest of it with sticks and green leaves (from the holly berries). 

 
Here's a back view.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

 
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

This post is linked to Happy Hour Projects, My Repurposed Life, Five Days Five Ways, Tater Tots and Jello, At the Picket Fence, and Or So She Says.

1 comment:

Mariel said...

Very touching post. I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com