Monday, December 10, 2012

Hand Tool Turned Jewely Organizer

     I'd like to introduce you to my newest re-do of a thrifted purchase . . .drum roll, please. . .


this handy necklace holder.
Do you recognize it?


     A few Thrifty Thursdays ago, I picked up this cultivator for a dime (see the post here).

I knew from the get-go that I wouldn't be digging in the dirt with it. I had other plans for this little fella.



     I painted the handle white and sanded it. Then my hubby placed the end in between two pieces of wood, held them tight in a vise, and bent them all at once- that way they were equally bent. (Isn't he so sweet to help me?)


     How cute is this to hold some necklaces? I only placed a few on there, but you can see that many more would fit.

     Not only is it handy, but it's cute, too. Next time you spot a hand tool, look at it in a different light. You may be able to use it for something other than the obvious!

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Psalm 139:14
 
     This post is linked to Funky JunkBrassy Apple, Craft-O-Maniac, Todays Creative Blog, and Skip to My Lou.


No comments: