Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recipe of the Week #60- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars

 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups mini chocolate chips
Topping:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips

Beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy -about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
With the mixer on low, alternate mixing in flour and condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips with spatula.
Line 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough into the pan .Cover the bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours until firm.

For topping, combine the peanut butter and milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until smooth. Spread the mixture over the cookie dough bars. Chill the bars for 1 hour or until topping is firm.

When I found this recipe I couldn't wait to make it. They had me at cookie dough! This was an easy recipe to make and my boys loved it! Even my hubby, who doesn't usually go for cookie dough, enjoyed it.


Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Love the stranger.
Deut. 10:19


This post is linked to Between Naps on the Porch, Embracing Change52 Mantles, and My Girlish Whims.




3 comments:

Susan Shull said...

Oh my gosh! Those look delicious! Just what I need....another yummy dessert recipe!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

These look dangerously amazing! Happy Easter!

Stacey said...

Anything with chocolate passes my test!
Thanks for sharing!
Stacey of Embracing Change