Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #61

     Many Saturday mornings I jump in my car with a Diet Coke all fired up about going to yard sales. Then I'll drive all around town and only find two- and sometimes they aren't even a good two. It feels like a wasted morning. After a morning like that, I always say that I'm going to check the newspaper before I go the next time. Then sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
     This past weekend I found a couple, and it was worth all the driving around!

 
I got this platter and cloche for $1.50.
I've seen all kinds of projects using these throughout Blogosphere.
Come back tomorrow, and you'll see what I do with mine:)
 
 
I love old flash cards. I got this set for a dollar.
I often find flash cards, but I don't get them if they're not old.

 
This is a small bowl- only 4 1/2 inches across the mouth- but it was love at first sight. I don't even care about the chip on the lip (right side of photo). It's so old that it has spider cracks in the glaze .
I was shocked when the lady told me that it was only a quarter!

 
I love old books. This one is an old child's hymnal. The lady running the sale told me that I could have it for free since it was "God's Word." She said she can't charge for that.

 
I snatched up this beauty, too. I got it for free as well.
I've never had anybody let me have religious books for free before.

 
The illustrations are fantastic!
No, I will not be cutting up these two books:)
 
 
Found this brand new set of labels for a dime- I'm going to take them to the next scrapbooking group with my church friends so they can have something cute to journal on.
I have a huge collection of journaling cards, but not everybody else does. This way they can have a little variety in their books, too.
 
I wish you luck if you happen across any yard sales this weekend. Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
Psalm 37:39
 
 
This post is linked to Junkin Joe and Apron Thrift Girl
 

2 comments:

Jill said...

At my local St Vincent de Paul shop, all religious materials are free, or so the sign says,

Katie - Something to be Found said...

Cheese domes and vintage flash cards -- two of my favorites as well!!

Great finds!

Katie