Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #60

     Last week I came across a resale shop that was going out of business. I didn't even know of this shop or I'd have gone before now.
     When I walked in, it was in a state of disarray. I hope that it was more organized than this when it was in business otherwise it's no wonder that it didn't make it.
     I found a couple of items that caught my eye. . .


this gorgeous platter!
Is this not one of the most beautiful platters you've ever seen? I paid $2 for it. 
 
 
This is the picture in the center of it.
I told you last week that a friend of mine has me on the look out for platters for her.
When I saw this guy, I was tempted to keep him for myself.. . but I didn't:)


I also found these beautiful teacups. The lady was asking a dollar apiece, but I asked if she'd take a dollar for them both. She agreed.
I'm getting a little better at my haggling skills (I used to hate to do it!).


Look how they're even printed on the insides! Stunning!
 
 
Then I got this teacup with matching saucer for $1.50. I love that it's a matching set.
I got this and the other two teacups for another friend. 
I am just as excited to find stuff for them as I am when I find something for myself:)
 
The last item I saw that I really wanted was an old typewriter. It was beautiful. They wanted $120 for it. I will not pay that much for something like that. So I offered $20 (I told you I'm still working on my haggling skills). She said she couldn't take less than $60. Unfortunately I had to pass on it.  
 
I hope you all get some awesome finds when you go out thrifting this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
 
But from there you will seek the Lord your God,
and you will find Him if you seek Him
with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deut. 4:29
 
 
This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl and 52 Mantles
 

No comments: