Monday, October 7, 2013

Mini Album Monday #16- Just Add Photos: Part Deux

Today's mini albums are versions of the book I showed you last week.
The beauty of these books is that they are very little work. Just gather your photos, some labels for journaling, and office rings, and you can sit down and finish this in an hour.
How awesome is that?!


This album is a collection of the photos I took on the trip I went on earlier this year with some friends. I used a postcard that I bought on the trip for the cover.
It wasn't quite as wide as the photos, so I added a decorative strip along the bottom edge.


Then I went through and added office labels to some of the photos. I just added a little info about what was going on in the picture.


Needless to say, in the age of digital cameras, I take lots of photos.


This album allows me to use however many photos I want to without putting in the extra time other scrapbooks would take.


I added a couple of extras- like this quote.
Perfect for a girls' trip, huh?


I also trimmed part of a brochure and added it to the book.


I've got both horizontal and vertical photos in this book.


I finished the album by adding a little bit of journaling on a library card- stories that I didn't fit onto the photos.


I've got one more album, and it is the EASIEST yet!
 I used a photo I took for the cover, then added stickers for the title.


Then I wrote my journaling right on the photos!


I included the parking permit from our camping space.


I used a fine tip Sharpie marker which worked great on the photos.


On the photos that weren't as light, I had to go back over my handwriting to make sure it was dark enough to read.


I cut up a brochure for this album, too.
I even added a souvenir penny. I usually get these and never use them.


I trimmed the sack that we got at the park store when we bought souvenirs.
Using items like this and brochures are very simple - and cheap! They add a cute element without much fuss.


I truly don't think you can get any easier than Sharpie on a photo and still call it a scrapbook!


The final page is the receipt for our camping site.

What do you think? Easy enough to do even if you're not a scrapbooker, huh?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Do all things without complaining and disputing
Phil. 2:14


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love this idea! As a family historian, I see this as easily adaptable to share copies of vintage photographs ans postcards. Thanks for sharing!