Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recipe of the Week #90- Oreo Pancakes

 
Oreo Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 egg
3 Tbsp veggie oil
dash of vanilla
6 Oreos, crushed
 
Glaze
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
2 Oreos, crushed
 
Whisk together the milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until incorporated. There may be lumps. Add the crushed Oreos and mix.
 
Cook pancakes as usual.
 
For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and milk until creamy. Add crushed Oreos and mix.
Drizzle over the pancakes.
 
My boys thought these were amazing!! My older son could probably live on Oreos, so when I told him I was making these, he was fired up! They were a little on the sweet side for my hubby and I, but I will be making them again. On Saturday mornings, we often have a "fun" breakfast- and these definitely fall in that category.:)
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
As in water face reflects face, so a man's heart reveals the man.
Proverbs 27:19
 
This post is linked to The Dedicated House, Ivy and Elephants, and Craft-O-Maniac.


1 comment:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow, two treats in one! I love pancakes, and Oreos. This sounds
delicious, a dollop of whipped cream,
perhaps? Yum!!!
Patti