Friday, October 11, 2013

Ministry Appreciation Gift Idea

     October is Pastor Appreciation Month. I think it is so important to remember the men and women who dedicate their lives to sharing God's Word with others.
     The leader of the women's group at our church organized an awesome gift for the pastor and elders at our church. She had the whole congregation get cards and bring them on the same day. These men left service that morning with a bunch of cards full of handwritten sentiments showing how much they are appreciated. Simply awesome if you ask me.
     She needed something to put them in, so she asked me to come up with a card holder idea.


I took wooden plant holders which I thought looked rustic and manly.
I printed out six different scriptures that deal with pastors, then backed them with cardstock. I tied them to the holders with thin twine.
For the name tags, I used a postcard stamp, then hand stamped names onto them.


They worked great as card holders.
This is actually a very quick and easy idea to replicate. You could use baskets or decorative boxes instead of the plant holders. The possibilities are endless!
Think how much your pastor, deacons, or elders would appreciate handwritten wishes in cards!

Here are some verses that will work for pastors:
1 Timothy 5:7
Romans 10:14
Jeremiah 3:15
Ephesians 4:11
2 Timothy 4:2
1 Corinthians 9:14
2 Timothy 2:15

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:7

1 comment:

Ivy and Elephants said...

I did not know of Pastor's appreciation month. This is a wonderful idea! I love the way you presented the cards and the verse
attached. A terrific sentiment.
Hugs,
Patti