Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Layout of the Week #79- Grouping Photos in a Cluster

About every month to month and a half, I upload photos to Walgreens so I can have hard copies for our family photo album and of course, for scrapbooking.
This process helps me be aware to take more photos.
Needless to say, I have quite a pile of photos that are waiting to be placed on a layout.
Sometimes I'd like to put a bunch on one page, but it's not always easy to figure out how to do that.
 
Today, I'm going to show you how I was able to place eight photos on one layout by grouping them in a cluster.
 
 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
The most time consuming part will be cropping your photos and deciding how to position them.
After that, there's only a few quick steps to complete the layout.

 
Here's what you'll need to make it:
one piece of 12"x 12" cardstock
one thin strip of pattern paper or decorative tape
letter stickers for the title
pen for journaling
five embellishments
6-8 photos
adhesive
paper trimmer

 
Crop all the excess off your photos.
Arrange the first three like this. They should be close to the top right side of the paper.

 
Continue placing photos in an oval shape leaving space in the center for your main photo.
Since all the photos will end up different sizes, you should end up with a very uneven oval.
I love the randomness of it. If you prefer more structure, you can trim your photos so that the edges line up and it makes more of a rectangle.

 
Place the final photo in the center.

 
Place two embellishments at the top left and the bottom right of the cluster.
 
 
Using your letter stickers, place your title in the lower left corner of the paper.

 
Add handwritten journling on the background above the title.
Place your remaining embellishments around the photo cluster.
I placed one in the upper right corner and two in the middle along the right and
left edges of the cluster.
 
That's it- pretty simple, huh?
Doesn't it feel good to complete a layout?
If you enjoyed this, come back every other Wednesday for a new layout tutorial.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
In the Lord I put my trust.
Psalm 11:1
 

No comments: