Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #99

I've made it no secret how much I love secondhand shopping.
So by now we all know by now that I am. . .frugal.
Well, my frugality doesn't stop at thrift stores and yard sales! I have been know to do a little curbside shopping. Let me show you my two most recent roadside finds. . .

 
Look at this chair! Aren't its lines amazing?
 I spotted it when I was buzzing through our neighborhood.
Sure, it needs some wood glue and clamping, but I can't wait to paint it and get a seat on it!
I was so excited to get started on it that I forgot to take a photo of it before I sanded it.
I'm thinking turquoise with a brightly colored fabric seat cover.

 
This one isn't actually my find.
I came out of my house one day and saw this beauty sitting in my driveway. I assumed that my hubby had brought me a gift.
It turns out that my mom and sister saw this and knew that I'd love it. So they loaded it up into the trunk and brought it over while I was at work.
That's love when you pick up junk for somebody else:)
 
With the holidays and cold weather, there hasn't been much for yard sales or estate sales around here. If you're headed to any this weekend, I wish you luck!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
For if you forgive men their trespasses,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Mat. 6:14
 
This post is linked to 52 Mantles, Junkin' Joe, and Embracing Change.
 

1 comment:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

They are awesome finds...the chair is fabulous for a planter! Thanks for sharing! hugs...