Monday, January 27, 2014

Mini Album Monday #22- "People I Love" Album

With Valentine's Day coming, I thought I'd show you a simple mini album that you can make out of a small tin, like an Altoids tin, and a few pieces of pattern paper and cardstock.
My album is entitled, "People I Love."
You could make a slight adjustment and call it "People Who Love You", and give it to your hubby or have your kiddos give it to their grandparents.
 
 
I started with a plain tin that measures 3"x 4 1/4".
I trimmed a piece of pattern paper to 2 3/4" x 3 3/4", rounded the corners, and glued it to the lid.
Then I glued two clear letters X and O to the lower right corner.
I tied a pink ribbon around the tin. This ribbon easily slides off and on so the lid can
be opened to reveal. . .
 
 
a tiny scrapbook.
It's made from four pieces of kraft cardstock trimmed to 2 3/4"x 3 3/4".
I rounded the corners so they'd fit in the tin better.
On both sides of each piece of cardstock, I adhered a bit of pattern paper. I alternated from covering the bottom of one piece to covering the top of the next piece.
 
If you use a different size tin, simply adjust the measurements for the pages to fit your tin.
I would suggest to cut about 1/4" smaller both vertically and horizontally.

 
Then I printed off black and white photos in a wallet size. I rounded the corners and adhered them to each side of the cardstock.
On the pages that have pattern paper at the bottom, I placed the photo closer to the top and on the pages with the pattern paper at the top, I placed the photos closer to the bottom of the cardstock allowing more pattern paper to show.
 
I had room for six photos: I did an individual one of my hubby and two sons.
Then on the rest of the pages, I used pics that included all three of them.

 
I used alphabet stamps and Staz On ink to stamp names on each photo.

 
I went through with small embellishments- brads, mini flowers, word tags- and ribbon to add a little character to each page.

 
I finished it off by punching holes in the upper left corner and binding with a bit of ball chain.
My journaling says, "Oh, how I love these three men. . . more than words can say. I thank God for them everyday. I am so blessed."
 
Wouldn't this make a nice Valentine's Day gift?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and depart from evil.
Pro. 3:7
This post is linked to Tatertots and Jello, Craft-O-Maniac, Tip Junkie, and
 

No comments: