Friday, February 14, 2014

Super Easy Purse DIY

I was slowly browsing the aisles in Hobby Lobby when I spotted a cute black and white tote.
I picked it up off the rack thinking about how I was in need of a new purse.
But I couldn't just carry around a plain old tote- even if it did have chevron stripes.
 
 
So I stood there wondering what I could do to give it a little pep.
Flowers make anything look better, so I picked up a few.
Voila! My new purse!

 
To make it, all I used was a tote and three pre-made flowers and a glue gun.

 
The flowers are from a new line that Hobby Lobby is carrying called Fashion Tid Bits.
They have both a pin and a clip on the backs.
This line has a ton of beautiful flowers.
I had a hard time deciding on only three.

 
I pinned the flowers in a triangle on the right side of the bag.
Then I used my glue gun and put some glue around the pins to make sure
they weren't going to fall off.
 
 
I really don't think you can make a purse any easier than this!
Isn't it darling?

 
I added a hankie that I had picked up at an estate sale.
I can't decide whether I like it better with it or without it.
What do you think?
 
I used a 40% off coupon on my tote, so it was only $7.
I paid three dollars for each flower (I was so excited to make the project, I didn't want to wait for them to go on sale. Sometimes I just have to pay full price:).
All together this purse cost less than $20 including the vintage hankie.
Cute and reasonable, I'd say.
 
If you like this, go here to see another purse made from a Hobby Lobby tote.
 
By the way, Happy Valentine's Day! Hope it's a lovely one:)
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
Psalm 2:12
 

1 comment:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Super cute!!! Chevrons are all the rage now. Love the upholstery strap handle.Those flowers is just what it needed. You won't be using that hankie crying over the purchase price...Lol.