Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #106

Last weekend, I walked into an estate sale, looked around, and I felt giddy! 
I thought, "This is what estates sales are supposed to be like!"
 There was stuff everywhere- mostly old stuff. I couldn't wait to start digging! 
The place used to house a photography business. Wait til you see what I found!


I saw this sitting on the floor as I was coming up the walkway.
Isn't it so cool?
It's two sided. . .


Here's the other side.
This cost me $2. I now have it sitting in the arrangement on my mantle.
Too cool.


I got four of these film. . . things. They were a dollar each.
There were boxes of these things sitting around. I so wanted to get them all, but I resisted (actually, my hubby was with me and he couldn't figure out why I wanted them).
Won't they make the cutest frames?


I'm not for sure what they are, but they have two inserts that slide out.


I got these two old stamps for a dollar for both.

Someday I hope to find one of those old stamp holders. . .


I never pass up an old tater masher- especially when it's only a dollar.
When you see these at antique stores, they're at least six or seven dollars apiece.


I loved this old platter. Look at the patina on this guy.
He was two dollars.
I got him for my friend who is gathering plates for a plate display.


This lovely silver tray was only three dollars.
I love the detail along the edges.

Didn't I get some good stuff?!? Believe it or not, this isn't all my loot. Come back next Thursday to see the rest of the goodies that I picked up at this sale.

Good luck to all of you with your weekend treasure hunting!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

According to Your mercy remember me, for Your goodness' sake, O Lord.
Psalm 25:7

 This post is linked to Cheerios and Lattes, Junkin' Joe, and Made In A Day.

2 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Yes, you found some very nice, old, vintage things. I haven't been to a good old dig through everything sale in a long time. Bet you had fun!

chubmoma said...

As an ultrasonographer in another life 20 years ago, I can identify your film thingies as ultrasound film cassettes (holders). Each side slides open and a sheet of film is slid in (in a darkroom in a hospital). Then the whole cassette slides into the ultrasound machine and the bottom slide is pulled out. During the exam the tech exposes the film, slides the cover in, pulls the cassette out of the machine, turns it over and re-inserts it. Then pulls the bottom slide out again and repeats exposures for that side. Sorry the techie in me took over...lots of fond memories. My guess is they now film the exam digitally or a doctor's office closed and the cassettes you bought were available for sale. Although 3 years ago when I had a sonogram done, they were still using them. Great find!