Monday, September 1, 2014

Mini Album Monday #37- 30 Days of Lists Mini Album

On Friday, I told you that I had signed up for an awesome challenge from 30 Days of Lists.
Today I'd like to show you the mini album that I'll be using for this.

 
The cover is a game board from an old Poker Bingo game that I got at the thrift store.

 
I went through my different paper items to pull out "pages" for my book.
Here you see an old flashcard.

 
This page is just three shipping tags held together with cute Washi tape.


I used an old playing card,


a page out of a foreign book with a bit of pattern paper along the bottom, and


a pre-printed journaling card.
Along some of the pages, like the one on the left, I placed a 1"strip of pattern paper to prevent the page from coming loose from the binding.

 
The page on the right is from a baseball coach notepad.
I found that at a yard sale. I figured that somehow I could incorporate it into a mini album:)

 
Each page is different.
This one is ledger paper with an old playing card attached.

 
This one and the next are just pages out of journaling pads.

 
I didn't embellish the pages too much- I figure I can add a bit when I place my list in the book

 
The dangling tag on the right is attached with a plastic attacher (like a clothing tag).
I forgot that I had that tool!

 
Some of the pages will have lists on the front and the back.
This one is an envelope, so it will also have one inside.

 
The one on the right is an old book page with a strip of pattern paper along the inside edge.

 
You know I'd have to include a map!

 
The page on the right is a piece of wallpaper with a dangly tag (used the same clothing tag attacher).

 
I backed the wallpaper with sheet music.
The page on the right is just a vintage score sheet for Yahtzee.


I love graph paper- especially this sheet in yellow.
I added a playing card from a French game.

 
Sometimes if I have a piece of double sided pattern paper, I'll put the plain side to the front
since it will end up being covered.

 
Then I leave the cute side for the back (see my German money paper?).
The page on the right is another pre-printed journaling page.

 
For my back cover, I used a small file folder organizer.
Then I used my Zutter Bind-It-All to bind the pages.
 
That's it! Now it's ready for me to add a list a day.
 
Here's what today's list looks like on the first page. . .
 
 
All I added was a small journaling card and two pieces of Washi tape.
Part of the flashcard is covered by my list, which is why I won't cover up the back.
 
I'd love to hear if you're taking this challenge. Feel free to leave me a comment!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Wait for the Lord and He will save you.
Proverbs 20:22
 

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Do you ever sleep or eat? Because I wouldn't have time to if I made all of the altered art that you do! These are so much more than scrap books and I hate even using those words about your art! Beautiful my friend!

Jess said...

This is such a great idea!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Susan Freeman said...

I never got "into" scrapbooking". Seems like I am missing out.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley