Monday, September 15, 2014

Mini Album Monday #38- Pet Memorial Album

I think scrapbooking is so important . . . as I've said more than once before.
There are so many details that would be forgotten if I hadn't written them down somewhere.
Details like this...
 
Nearly six years ago, we got our first family dog- a yellow lab puppy.
We all fell in love with her right away.
We'd had her for two weeks when we went to my in-laws to celebrate Christmas.
An ornament got knocked off the tree and fell to the floor.
Every piece was picked up but one.
The puppy found it and swallowed it.
It still brings tears to my eyes to think about it.
 
 
I made this book shortly after that happened- and I'm so glad I did.
Now we'll always have this memory of our first family dog.
 
 
I trimmed a piece of kraft cardstock to 8 1/2" high and 9" wide.
Then I folded it in half.
My title says, "You left paw prints in our hearts."
 
 
I lined the inside of the cardstock with a doghouse print paper.
Then I used a piece of denim measuring 5 1/2" x 9" and sewed it onto the cardstock to make two pockets. I sewed all around the outer edge of the entire piece and straight down the center.

 
The pocket on the left holds a tag for journaling.
The journaling says, "You were an early Christmas present for the boys. We picked you up on a Friday night while they were staying at Nonny's. We couldn't wait for them to get home on Saturday morning. We put you into a box and when they opened the lid, there you were.
They were so excited! You captured all of our hearts right away.
You were 8 1/2 weeks old when we got you. You took lots of naps, loved to eat and cuddle, and growled at Mommy a lot. You started picking up potty training quickly.
We took you with us to Grandma's house to celebrate Christmas. We were mortified when you got a hold of that Christmas ornament. It took only a second, then it was all over.
We'll never forget you, though- our first big dog. You left paw prints in our hearts.


The second pocket has eight photos held together with a ball and chain. I trimmed a piece of clear tablecloth as the protective cover and stamped her name on it.


 
Both the journaling tag and the photos have a small round tag with a paw print
to carry through the paw print theme.


The back matches the front. The top paper has tiny paw prints on it.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; 
and attend to the voice of my supplications.
Psalm 86:6
 


No comments: