Monday, June 22, 2015

Mini Album Monday #56- "Best Dad" Album

In honor of Father's Day, I have a fun "Dad" album to share with you today.
Sometime ago, I made this book for my dad and filled it full of photos and memories.


The cover is a piece of  5"x8" Tim Holtz Grungeboard.
I distressed it and added a sticker for the title.
I punched holes in a small paint stirring stick and added it to the binding rings.
I also used quite a few nuts, bolts, and screws on the cover and throughout the album.

The first page is a 6"x 9" manilla envelope folded in half.
I embellished it with a few pieces of masking tape (upper left corner)
and a piece of leather with a metal washer (lower right corner).


On the back of the first page, I added some wood grain paper. The journaling prompt says,
 "My favorite memory of you."
The second page is a brown paint chip embellished with duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape, and a couple of brads shaped like screws.



I covered the back of the paint chip with a page from a vintage home repair book.
The small envelope is covered with a piece of duct tape. The journaling prompt on it says,
"My funniest memory."
The tag pulls out with a journaling prompt that says, "Most meaningful moment." On the top of the tag, I attached a small zip tie.


The next page is another page out of the home repair book.


The journaling on the left says, "Things I learned from you."
On the right, the journaling says, "My favorite picture of you and me."
The page on the right is the other half of the 6"x 9" envelope. I tucked an additional photo
 inside the opening.



The page on the left says, "The best advice you gave me."
The back cover is a piece of cardboard.
On it, I placed a distressed CD envelope with a piece of cardstock inside it that says,
 "More favorite memories."

I had a great time incorporating as many manly things as I could into this album.
I'm glad to have these memories documented and my dad was tickled pink to get it.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! 
For His mercy endures forever.

No comments: