Monday, August 10, 2015

Mini Album of the Week #59- Album Made From Envelopes

We took a camping trip in June and I've been itching to get the photos scrapped.
I had too many to just make a layout, so I came up with this mini album.


I made it using 10 business size envelopes.
For the front cover, I used part of the trail map that we got at the park. 
 

I attached all the envelopes by creating an accordion fold binding. 

 
 I started by deciding where my photos would go.
Some photos I cropped while some I left full size (4"x 6").


I tucked in the flaps of the envelopes so that I could use them as pockets to hold more pictures.
I trimmed ledger paper to fit inside each envelope.
Then I added photos and journaling to each ledger page.
Each piece of paper has a tab to make it pull out of the envelope easier.



On these photos I journaled directly on the photographs.
For most of the rest of my journaling, I wrote on small pieces of ledger paper and attached them to the layouts.


I added a few pieces of pattern paper on the pages that only contained one photo.


I added just one sticker to each two page layout.


On every page, I wrote down details and anecdotes from our trip.


On this page, I used a circle punch on the trail map for my embellishments.


Because there were so many pockets, I was able to add lots of photos to this mini album.


The last envelope holds a smaller trail map and a pamphlet from the park.
I also stapled two tickets to the left side of the envelope.


The back cover is another part of the trail map.

This mini album would be easy to replicate. If you don't want to go through the tedious step of creating an accordion fold, you could punch holes and bind them with office rings.

Think of what all you could do with an album like this!

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, 
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7

 This post is linked to Plucky's Second Thought, Between Naps on the Porch,
Tatertots and Jello, and It's Overflowing.

2 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You made a wonderful mini album. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. We hope to see you again!

Jess said...

This turned out SO cute! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!