Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Recipe of the Week #182- Snickerdoodles


Snickerdoodles
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Topping
4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Combine with the wet mixture. Mix well. Chill in the fridge for about an hour.  Then roll dough into balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

These cookies are very good. I usually use my mother-in-law's recipe for these, but I'm always up for a new recipe. These went over great with my family.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1


This post is linked to Urban Girl Bakes, What's On the List?, and Skip to My Lou.

1 comment:

Ilonka said...

Thanks for this recipe! I got a similar one from an american friend and lost it! Now I am very happy!
Greetings from Bavara
Ilonka