Friday, October 23, 2015

French Book Page Candles

I've had this project on my to-do list for awhile-
French book page candles.


I got a French textbook at a thrift store and thought the pages would look
so lovely wrapped around candles.
Once I put it on, it was a little lackluster.
So I added wide lace with pink edging
and wrapped some twine around them.


I think the lace and twine were just what they needed!


The French text is still able to be seen through the lace.

I used beige candles because the book pages were old enough that they weren't white anymore.


I got my candles at a dollar store.
Then I trimmed the pages to fit. It took two separate pieces to cover the entire candle.
Then I held the lace on by wrapping it with twine.


Kind of elegant and girly, huh?

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

He who earnestly seeks good finds favor, 
but trouble will come to him who seeks evil.
Proverbs 11:27

1 comment:

Deanies Stash said...

They are so lovely! I think anyone would love to have them.

Dianne