Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thrifty Thursday #190

Every Tuesday and Thursday I go to an exercise class at the YMCA.
On Tuesdays, I have a standing tradition with my boys.
I bring them home a burger and a drink from Sonic.
Because I'm a frugal gal, I prefer to wait until Happy Hour starts at 2 so I can get the drinks half off.
 My class ends at one, so I have to piddle around for an hour before I can go to Sonic.
I usually use this time to swing into the thrift stores.

Here's what I found there this week. . .


This set of three Good Housekeeping Encyclopedic Cookbooks
in excellent condition.


Check out the inside covers. Love those graphics!


Here's an interior page.
The books were copyrighted in 1965.


The contents are even listed on the binding.
Guess how much I paid for them?
Only $1.50 for the set of three!


I couldn't pass up this Glasbake serving dish.
It was $2.


It's actually a divided dish.
Cool, huh?

Two rockin' kitchen scores if I do say so myself:)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

The generous soul will be made rich,
 and he who waters will also be watered himself.
Proverbs 11:25

This post is linked to Embracing ChangeThe Crafted Sparrow, and My Girlish Whims.

3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great finds. I have that green and white dish. I use it all the time. I think I bought it back in the 70's.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Those books are a terrific find and look as if to be in great shape! I found a cookbook from the early 60's and the graphic illustrations were by Andy Warhol...before he became a famous graphic artist.

Diana said...

Hi Laura--great finds! I just bought a Glassbake casserole with that same design--so simple and pretty. I'd love it if you'd link your post up at Vintage Charm :) Adirondack Girl @ Heart