Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thrifty Thursday #189

There is an older lady in a nearby neighborhood who has a garage sale twice a year.
And her sales are a-mazing!
She runs them for three days, Thursday through Saturday,
and she always has great stuff.
Not only that, but she sets up darling vignettes with her stuff.

My hubby and I were so excited when we happened across her sale last weekend.
Wait til you see what we got.


We picked up this wooden chair for $6.
We have an eclectic mix of chairs around our kitchen table.
With two teenage sons who like to lean back on chairs, we go through them faster than I'd like to.
This guy will fit right in with the rest.


How cool is this old wine box?
It cost me $2.


When I spotted this awesome card/photo holder, I snatched it right up.
I don't know if it's old, but it's certainly cute.
It was $6.
I think it will end up on my wall holding vintage photos. 
(Please forgive the ugly cooler in the background, but I had to put it against something 
that would make the rack show up.)


This lovely rusted rake head was $2.
I've turned one of these into a fall wreath.
Not sure what I'll do with this one yet.


I got this small glass mixing bowl for $1.



My hubby has a real love for cast iron skillets. I can't actually tell you why. . .
Maybe it's because his mom used one while he was growing up.
This was $8 and was in pretty good shape.
My hubby was excited to get it that he went right home and reconditioned it right away.

We picked up $26 worth of stuff. 
I wasn't going to barter with this old gal because I really like her.
She started adding up our stuff and reduced the prices on everything. She only charged us $18.
How awesome is that?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

For our heart shall rejoice in Him, 
because we have trusted in His holy name.
Psalm 33:21

4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I love cast iron cookware too. :-)

mary scott said...

What scores! thanks

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

Wonderful - I just love the wine box! I'm visiting from Home Matters Linky.
Thanks
Angie

Alayna's Creations said...

Great finds! Do you ever wonder exactly how much stuff she must have originally collected in or to have such great sales time after time? ;)
Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty link party.