Friday, November 27, 2015

Vintage Children's Book Page Letters

I have quite a collection of vintage books.
Some of my favorites are vintage children's books.
I just love the graphics in them.

A friend of mine, who also loves vintage things, has a baby boy due in December.
I thought I'd make her a vintage themed gift. . .


so I used some children's book pages to cover paper mache letters.


The letters are about 8" tall and are about 1" thick.


I covered the fronts, backs, and along the sides.


As I decided which graphic to use, I set each letter on the page to make sure the pictures 
would align with the shape of the letter.


Then I attached them by painting Mod Podge onto the letter and setting the page onto the glue.
I rubbed all along the surface- especially the edges- to make sure the paper adhered.
I let them dry for about 30 minutes.
Then I rubbed a small piece of sandpaper along all the edges to get rid of the excess paper.


I just love those old book pages!

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

Do not fear or be discouraged.
Deut. 1:21

This post is linked to Too Much Time, Lil' Luna, and Funky Junk.

2 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

ADORABLE!!! What a terrific idea...you did a fantastic job. Best ~ Mickie

Haley said...

These are super cute!!