Monday, February 29, 2016

Mini Album Monday #71- His and Hers Mini Album

Since my hubby and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary,
I thought I'd share a fun His and Hers mini album with you.


 I made this using two silver envelopes as the cover (they measure 4 1/4"x 5 3/4").
I punched holes in all the pages and the cover and used a ribbon as binding.


 The first page is the shape of half a heart.
I used four pieces of cardstock measuring 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" for the pages.

On each long page, I made one end shaped (heart, scallop, bracket, etc.)
Then I folded them in half.
When I placed them in the book, I alternated the shaped edges so that when each page was folded, a shaped edge appeared on every layout.


 Each layout has one black and white photo.


I added a bit of decorative paper on the pages with the photos.


I added a hand drawn line as edging around each page.


I used simple embellishments.


Each layout has a question,


then includes both my hubby's response and my response.



Here are the questions as they appear in the book:
What funny or pet names do you call each other?
What's the kindest thing he's/she's ever done for you?
What is your favorite thing to do together?
What is the most important thing you have in common?
What's the most interesting thing about him/her?
What is something you rarely agree on?
What is one of his/her lovable quirks?


I closed the album with a quote from Victor Hugo:
To love another person is to see the face of God.
 

Here's what the back looks like.
I folded the flap from the front envelope around and adhered it to the back envelope.


I made this a few years ago and it was refreshing to go back and look at our responses--
and at some of those older photos!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!
Psalm 84:12

This post is linked to USS CraftyThe Dedicated House, The Interior Frugalista,
Lil' Luna, and Tuesdays With a Twist

No comments: