Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Layout of the Week #13- Using Cork Paper

     Hi All! This layout is brought to you by the letter "C" for cork. Sticking with my cork theme for this week, I got out my cork scrapbook paper and came up with these two layouts.
     Here's how to make the first one:

You'll need
piece of cork paper (either real cork paper or paper printed to look like cork)
12"x12" pattern paper
letter stickers
journaling card (mine is an index card that I used a border punch on)
embellishments
optional: 8 1/2"x 11" piece of card stock
Note: I chose school themed supplies for my layout, but you can choose any subject you like. 
Cut your cork paper to 8 1/2" x 8 3/4". My pattern paper is pretty busy, so I matted my cork paper with white card stock.
Place your cork paper about 1/2 inch from the left side of the paper and about 1 1/2" from the top.


Add your photos. I used wallet size pictures, but you could use two 4"x 6" photos. I placed them closer to the left edge than the right.


Next, you can add your title to the bottom left corner of the cork paper. Then place your journaling card on the right corner of the cork paper.
Add your embellishments. I placed sticker strips on the top of the layout near the right corner, placed a sticker near the bottom left corner and placed three stars next to the top photo.
Ta-da! A layout using cork paper. Quick and simple:)


Cork paper isn't just for school themed layouts. Here I used it on a layout about my hubby and I going to Benihana's. There's some cork paper at the top of the layout and my title letters are made from cork.

The stuff on the left side of the paper was already printed on the paper, but I covered up two of the preprinted pictures with pieces from the Benihana chopstick wrapper. The two red strips are also pieces cut from a chopstick wrapper.
     Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

     This post is linked to Five Days Five Ways, The Crafted Sparrow, and




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 





 

No comments: