Monday, May 7, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

     We're starting off this week with gift ideas for Teacher Appreciation. Ever since my kiddos started school, I've always been adamant about sending gifts for their teachers. Teaching is hard work- and something I don't have the patience for, so I like to pay homage to those who do.
     Because it's a week long celebration, I like to send a little something every day.

Today my son took this matching notebook and notecard set with a flower pen. I took these items out of their plastic wrappers to make them look like they didn't just come off the dollar rack! (even though they did-I'm not spending too much on any of the gifts since we're sending something every day.) Then I tied the notecards to the pen with some ribbon.

Tomorrow my son will take his teacher this chalkboard necklace. An easy project to make. Just get one of these necklace charms at Hobby Lobby. Tape off the edges and use some spray chalkboard paint. Once it's dry, you can attach it to a chain.
When I wrap this, I'm going to place a piece of chalk in the gift box with the necklace.


     On Wednesday, he'll take a gooey brownie and a bottle of her favorite soda.


On Thursday, my son will give her this bangle bracelet covered with an old map.

Then he'll end the week giving her this sweet little quote. For the frame, I had this small chalkboard with a ruler border. I stained the border to make it look like old rulers. Then I used glue dots and photo corners to attach the quote and added some fabric rosettes to the bottom corner. Here's where I got the quote from.
     Here are some other gifts we've given to teachers over the years: here, here, here, here, and here (this one doesn't have to be Valentine specific).
     Try to remember your kids' teachers this year- they work so hard to teach our kiddos. If all you have time for is to grab a gift card to Sonic on your way to dropping the kids off at school, their teachers will be touched- and your child will feel good giving a gift.
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

     This post is linked to Craftomaniac, Between Naps on the Porch, Brassy Apple and  


I Heart Nap Time






you are talking too much

1 comment:

acasarella said...

Great gifts! I just did a teacher appreciation post as well!
--Elena
`A Casarella