Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #95

 I went to another estate sale this past week. I sure do love wandering through houses and garages during estate sales and looking at everything, but it's also a bit sad knowing that
I'm walking through some one's life.
 
As I walked up to this sale, I saw two tall tables with round tops that were awesome. They looked very heavy and I have absolutely no place to put them, so I just walked on by. Oftentimes I talk myself into things that I shouldn't, so I didn't let myself get too close to them.

 
I did however let myself get close to these!
 I love finding old ledger books. And these were only a quarter apiece!
I get so excited when I spot one at a sale. I wonder how silly I must look sometimes- although in the heat of the moment, I never stop to think about my reaction.

 
I picked up these two trophies for a quarter apiece.
I don't know what the gal at the sale thought I was getting them for because she said she sure was glad to see them go to a good home.
I don't plan to sit them out and try to give the impression that I'm good at bowling or dominoes. I've actually seen cute projects made with these that I've been wanting to try.

 
I got a bunch of records for a dime each.

 
I also got this old metal caddy for a dollar.
I haven't yet decided what to do with it.

 
I got this old Progressive Farmer magazine for a dime. It's from 1965. I love finding old periodicals.
 
I also brought home a box fan for $2. My hubby has a rabbit and she lives in a cage in our backyard. It gets pretty hot during Texas summers, so I was thinking he could use it to keep air moving through her cage.
 
That's it for this week. I hope you all have good luck if you find an estate sale.
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
 
 This post is linked to 52 Mantles, Junkin Joe, and Embracing Change.

No comments: